[Zope] Submit Button

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Thu Jul 1 09:47:09 EDT 2004

Hello. I tried using <button> elements instead of <input> elements but
they don't work for form submission. Do you have any idea why? I am using
IE 5.2 on Mac OS X Panther and the following is my code:

<button type="submit" name="edit_data" value="Save Changes">Save Changes</button>

edit_data is the name of a DTML method and is the action of the form.
However, when I click on this button I get a 'Key Error' informing me that
edit_data is a nonexistent object or variable. If I use an
<input> element instead, everything works fine. Input elements do not
achieve what I want though.

- Asad