[Zope] Newbie needs help

Marc Scheib marc at mindbomb.de
Tue Jul 6 18:41:14 EDT 2004

Hi Experts,

sorry for bothering you with my you with my question - I have read only
rough pieces of the Zope documentation, but my problem affects Zope
only in a very limited context:

I am responsible to prepare a server for the (academic) presentation of
an internet-application running on a tomcat servlet container. One of
the included frameworks (the Open Source Flash-Remoting Service
'OpenAMF') is still in a very early development state, and I could not
persuade it to function properly on a port different to 8080, Tomcats
default port.

Unfortunately there is another Web-application deployed to this server
(by another academic group, which is currently unavailable): Zope has
currently the port 8080 tied to its services.

Since I do not know anything about the Zope applications architecture
or even installation I am asking you for advice on how to disable Zopes
service temporarily.

I could imagine to 'simply' change the Zope port for the next two
weeks, but i guess for an expert arise even more and surely more
intelligent ideas.

My ideal solution would limit changes to comments on one or two lines
of code in a 'reusable' manner. Of course I could sudo kill zope-*.py
and change tomcats config towards 8080, but that way I had to screw
around with obfuscated bash.sh scripts. Isn't there a way that is far
more obvious to roll back for the Zope-teams administrator after my
presentation?

Again sorry for not studying the documentation extensively.. I hope
very much you have a recommendation for me.

Thank you in advance,
Marc Scheib