[Zope] Zope 3 Experiences - UI

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Tue Jun 8 18:23:41 EDT 2004

Samir Mishra <SamirMishra at cbuae.gov.ae> on 6/8/04 wrote:

>First off, I find Zope3 totally different from Zope2.x. For example,
the
>task of creating a new user was trivial in Zope2, and it took me a few
>seconds to figure out what was needed to accomplish this without
reading
>the
>manual. Power of the UI. I find the same task overly convoluted in
>Zope3. I
>know the product is in testing, but my question is - is the user
>interface
>going to get better? If not, the learning curve for new users is
>suddenly
>much steeper.

I have to admit I felt total confusion the first time I worked with Zope
3 (just a few days ago). It also took me awhile to find where to add a
user - still working on how to give the user a role.

I felt at a total loss without being able to go to /manage.

I'll keep plugging away and this is of course not meant to say anything
negative about zope3...
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669