[Zope] Question about the code ...

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Thu Jun 10 07:37:14 EDT 2004

From: "Samy Beja" <samybeja at hotmail.com>
> Thanks, my copy-paste did not work correctly but the issue was at the very
> first line ...
> I don't think Zope accepts that syntax for the object !!
>
> What do you think about it !!
>
> >From: "Samy Beja" <samybeja at hotmail.com>
> > > My Zclass is named PatternClass and the function that makes troubles
is
> > > PatternClass_add.
> > > Here you are the code I put in it but, still with the syntax error.
> > >
> > > #<HTML>
> > > #<HEAD><TITLE>Add PatternClass</TITLE></HEAD>
> > > #<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" LINK="#000099" VLINK="#555555">
> > > #<dtml-with PatternClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST
> >[headLine],REQUEST)
> > > #<dtml-call
> > > "propertysheets.PatternDescription.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
> > > #</dtml-with>
> > > #<dtml-if DestinationURL>
> > > #<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(DestinationURL+?/manage_workspace?)">
> > > #<dtml-else>
> > > #<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(URL2+?/manage_workspace ?)">
> > > #</dtml-if>
> > > #</body></html>
> >
> >You are missing some quotations and a closing bracket in the first dtml
> >call:
> >
> ><dtml-with "PatternClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST
> >[headLine],REQUEST)">

Is headLine a variable whose contents you have set somewhere else? Or is
headLine the name of the variable within the REQUEST block that you want to
access?

eg.
if you did something like:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('headLine', 'id123')">
(or if headLine is returned from a form)

Then
<dtml-var "REQUEST['headline']">
will display: id123

However:
<dtml-var "REQUEST[headline]">
is a type of indirection, which means that the contents of
REQUEST['headLine'] will be used to locate another variable with the REQUEST
block.

eg.
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('headLine', 'id123')">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('id123', 'xxx')">
<dtml-var "REQUEST[headline]">

will display: xxx

HTH

Jonathan