[Zope] Restricting Posts to Subscribers

Andrew Sawyers andrew at zope.com
Fri Jun 25 10:30:08 EDT 2004

A similar discussion is taking place on zope-dev and I'd like to bring
that here as well.  I'd like to propose that we change the Mailman
policy for this list to restrict posting to subscribers only.  I'm sure
others will agree and others will not.   Some of the recent issues I've
seen are:
A) I can't stop some logical extensions (.zip) which are now containing
virus' from getting to the list without causing problems for those who
are possibly attaching valid attachments
B) We can't stop all spam - we're using 3 rbl lists to stop as much as
we can; that is not good enough IMNSHO
C) We can stop outside mailers from replying to the list illogically
My vote is for refusing posts from non-subscriber emails.

Let the beatings begin.
Andrew

--
Zope Corporation