[Zope] Re: Restricting Posts to Subscribers

Jochen Knuth J.Knuth at ipro.de
Tue Jun 29 14:06:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> Nick Bower <nicholas.bower at jrc.it> writes:
>>
>>Unrelated - have you tried grey-listing also?
>>
>>http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/
>

> That does look like a pretty nice, and easy, win.  I'll have to leave it to
> the folks managing the smtp infrastructure on the system to determine
> whether it fits well.
>
> Ken Manheimer
> klm at zope.com (posting via gmane)

i use greylisting since 10 days on our mail server and i got very good
results and no complains till yet.

 From all mails, that are not allowed through e.g. SMTP AUTH or coming
from the LAN, i get the following statistics:

Of 72401 items that were initially greylisted:
  -  2431 (  3.4%) became whitelisted
  - 69970 ( 96.6%) expired from the greylist

I use http://packages.debian.org/unstable/mail/greylistd (a python
daemon) on FreeBSD with exim4

Ciao,
Jochen

Jochen Knuth          WebMaster http://www.ipro.de
IPRO GmbH             Phone ++49-7152-93330
Steinbeisstr. 6       Fax ++49-7152-933340
71229 Leonberg        EMail: J.Knuth at ipro.de