[Zope] Zope-2.7 both http and https in parallel?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu May 6 15:19:35 EDT 2004

Sascha Ottolski wrote at 2004-5-6 17:00 +0200:
>maybe I'm blind, but I can't make it working. I've seen the hints to put
>
><cgi-environment>
>  HTTPS ON
></cgi-environment>
>
>into zope.conf. This works, but that doesn't distinguish beetwenn
>different ports. That ist, even plain http-request will return URLs
>with "https" als the protocol.
>
>It is quite easy to start to different http-server on different ports,
>like
>
><http-server>
>  address 80
></http-server>
>
><http-server>
>  address 443
></http-server>

When you use VHM (VirtualHostMonster) (and Apache), you
can explicitely specify how the URLs should look like.

When you do not use VHM, you can use an "AccessRule"
to specify the URL based on the "SERVER_PORT".
For this, you could use the same methods that VHM uses
(look at its source).

Alternatively, you could modify ZPublisher and let it
preset its SERVER_URL based on the port (what you would do
in the "AccessRule", otherwise).

--
Dieter