[Zope] (no subject)

Marnie King marnie.king at abs.gov.au
Mon May 10 01:54:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

I originally wrote the following:

========

     I am using Zope with Apache and have created a test folder under the Root
Folder.  In this test folder I removed the original          acl_users and added
an exUserFolder and enabled secure cookie-based authentication.

     When I attempt to access this test folder through a browser window, it
comes up with the session based login box which is all ok.        The problem
I'm having is that if I put in an incorrect username / password, it then comes
up with a second login screen (Windows)       and is asking for authentication
again.

     Why does it do this.  I just want it to say that it is an incorrect login.
Can this be achieved??

========

I got a response saying that maybe the "you are not authenticated" page is not
viewable by anonymous users.  I'm unable to find this page anywhere.  Can
someone let me know where this page can be found?  It is not with the Login or
Logout pages.... should it be??

Also, while I'm here.... I'm trying to figure out all I can about logging events
in Zope and have come up with a little bit of information but not quite enough
to clarify everything for me.  As I'm sure you can guess.... I'm a newbie with
this type of stuff.  Anyway, I'm trying to find out exactly what type of things
can get logged.  My impression is almost anything.  In the error_log you are
able to stipulate "Ignored Exception Types" and by default there is
"Unauthorised" and "NotFound".  I assume we just add to this if we need to log
other exceptions.  Is there a list of exceptions that can be logged (that we can
choose from) or do we configure these ourselves.  If we have to configure them,
are you able to point me in the right direction??

Also... on the topic of error messages being logged, what is the actual format
of the message being logged (format %(message)s) that gets written to the event
log.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Marnie