[Zope] passing args from zpt to zpt

Roy Mathew roymath at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 08:02:52 EDT 2004

Folks,

Does anyone know if there is a way to pass arguments from a Page Template to
another?
The only way I can think of is to use SESSION to hold the values, and this
seems
clunky as I am then forced to remove those arguments from SESSION after.

I need to do something like:

  <!-- my main.pt is as follows -->
    <metal:block tal:replace="structure here/nested.pt"/>

  <!-- and nested.pt looks like this -->
  <b tal:content="length|string:nothing was passed down"/>

For whatever reason, even the global declaration doesn't seem to pass the value
on
down to nested.pt (my understanding of scoping is obviously flawed :).

Thanks,
Roy.