[Zope] zope performance issues and it just doesn't scale

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 06:24:17 EDT 2004

--- Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> No, because no-one apart from you seems ot perceive
> there's a problem here...
[snip]

 A 2cpu, 1GB Ram machine, 20 users and Zope just
doesn't scale. I don't think i want to start a flame
war Chris.

 Being a FLOSS supporter i would more than luv to
propogate the same here. But to accept that it Zope
can't scale and work on it rather than tell me that
one will have to buy more boxes to c Zope scale isn't
acceptable.

 Bottomline....it just doesn't scale.  A simple 3 page
test give me throughput so bad i can't speak of. Zope
didn't scale...hence i tried Zeo/Zope....that didn't
scale too(On the same machine). Am trying Zope/Zeo
across machines now and will let you know about the
results. Apache+Zope is something i havent looked at
yet.

 Probably python is the issue here...but accepting the
facts will let us move ahead and improve chris. We
can't sit on our laurels when there literally isn't
any.

Trevor

> Chris

=====
/~\    __      Scaling  FLOSS   in the     __   /~\
|  \) /   Enterprise : trevor.w at pvision.biz  \ (/ |
|_|_  \       Call Now:  9820349221          / _|_|