[Zope] [Ann] ManagableIndex 0.4

Paul Howell paul at smoothstone.com
Sat May 22 20:59:12 EDT 2004

At 08:20 PM 5/22/2004 +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>ManagableIndex is a flexible indexing framework.

Great job!  ManagableIndex certainly is flexible.  In fact, it seems to
have all (well most) of those things that all the Indexes seemed to be
missing when I first dove into ZCatalog a while back.  Pluggable Indexes
helped, but they are a lot of work to get to where you want to go.

I loaded ManagableIndex up and (after installing OFolder), it worked right
away on my CMFCalendar using the new DateTimeInteger TermType.

My Hope:
    What I'd like next is to be able to index a pair of dates (start, end
attributes on Events in the CMFCalendar).  Actually, one pair is
easy:  what I'd like is to make a RepeatEvent that is a single RepeatEvent
object, but it sends a sequence of start/end pairs to the index to be
stored for searching.  The Calendar would show events on each day (e.g.,
Wednesday morning staff meetings), but will all point to the same
RepeatEvent.  I think that ManagableIndex either has this ability already,
or is not very far away from it.

Thanks Dieter.
=Paul