[Zope] [Ann] ManagableIndex 0.4

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun May 23 14:10:25 EDT 2004

Hi Paul,

Paul Howell wrote at 2004-5-22 20:59 -0400:
>At 08:20 PM 5/22/2004 +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>Great job!  ManagableIndex certainly is flexible.

Thank you!

>    What I'd like next is to be able to index a pair of dates (start, end
>attributes on Events in the CMFCalendar).  Actually, one pair is
>easy:  what I'd like is to make a RepeatEvent that is a single RepeatEvent
>object, but it sends a sequence of start/end pairs to the index to be
>stored for searching.  The Calendar would show events on each day (e.g.,
>Wednesday morning staff meetings), but will all point to the same
>RepeatEvent.  I think that ManagableIndex either has this ability already,
>or is not very far away from it.

It cannot yet do that. But is not difficult to achieve...

You need to implement a new index type "RangeListIndex" which
relates to "RangeIndex" in the same way as "KeywordIndex" to
"FieldIndex".

When you are ready to forget about the "aggregate" combiner,
then you can directly carry over the implementation of
"KeywordIndex" to your new "RangeListIndex".
The new index would probably inherit from "RangeIndex" in order
to use its "storage" methods.

--
Dieter