[Zope] zope performance issues and it just doesn't scale

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue May 25 12:44:57 EDT 2004

Trevor Warren wrote:

>  BTW, Python still is the biggest bottle neck Zope has
> towards scaling on one cpu. Zope does give acceptable
> results but far lesser than other commercial app
> servers.

Give me an example where the speed differences you're whining about make a
perceptable difference from a user point of view, especially given how cheap
hardware is nowadays.

If you want raw speed, put 100GB of RAM in the box and run the whole damn thing
through Psyco. Raw machine code fast enough for you?

(anyone seen Armin Rigo's presentation, it rocks :-)

> PN: You need to clean up your vocab before you post
> such abusive languae on a mailing list. Admin are you
> listening???

The temptation to say "bite me, muppet boy" in response is almost
overwhelming... *grinz*

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk