[Zope] Re: audio order

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Thu May 27 16:35:18 EDT 2004

> Hi I see also that the list rejects the name of a compressed audio file
> as spam m  p   3...

Hmm.. Are you sure?  It was my understanding that the rejection was
happening from your mail host, not the list server.

> I feel that after months of figuring out what I need to do to get my
> project off the ground I am once again going back to the drawing board.

I know the feeling. The best way to cure that is to just dig in and start
making a prototype. You'll learn a lot this way, and can usually eliminate
the uncertainty (or at least minimize it).

Probably the fastest way to get up and running is to make a folderish Song
content type, and then upload your audio and notation files into that
folder. Using Archetypes, it's super easy to make these types in no time.

> My next question is must I lean zpt or dhtml.

ZPT. Don't even mess with dtml since it's hardly ever used anymore.
Here is a good tutorial for learning ZPT:
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZPT.stx

Nate