[Zope] CoreBlog vs SimpleBlog?

John Ziniti jziniti at speakeasy.org
Tue Nov 23 15:21:26 EST 2004

Jake wrote:
> I am looking for some Zope blogging software and it looks like there are
> two that are worth mentioning. Simpleblog and CoreBlog.
>
> Has anyone had an experience with these? Suggestions? Comments?

I'm currently using CoreBlog on my website for my blog and for
my brothers' blogs as well.  It's a decent product.  Pretty
easy to set up, and it seems to make sense.  Some of the grammar
and spelling is a little questionable (I think the developers
are Japanese), but that is understandable and easily corrected.

I also find it very hackable, both at the python level (the
python code is pretty clear), and in the ZMI (It's easy to
alter the DTML templates for a given instance).

I haven't used SimpleBlog.

Hope that helps,
John Ziniti