[Zope] Re: in ZMI I can only "Add" a very restricted set of types everywhere!?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Nov 30 20:33:13 EST 2004

seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the directions on how to change the Plone JPEG
> logo and had a question about a snag...
>
> When i log into ZMI I can only "Add" a very restricted set of types
> everywhere. e.g. I can't add content of type Images.....just
> Archetypes Content, Plone Conent, some CMF stuff.

The ZMI "add list" is actually made of up registered factories.
CMF, and therefore Plone, "lumps" content types into "omnibus" factories
(which are the ones you see).  If you actually select "CMF Default
Content", for instance, you will see a form with a radio button,
including radio buttons for each of the registered classes.

However, because they allow for *multiple" content types based on the
same underlying class, CMF and Plone also won't work correctly when
content is added via the ZMI:  use the "CMI" views, instead.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com