[Zope] objects in scope of REQUEST

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Fri Oct 1 15:41:43 EDT 2004

Hi again everyone,

I'd like my Product to be able to create certain objects on-demand, but
only once per REQUEST.  If via DTML or PythonScript etc ask for the same
object more than once during the REQUEST, my Product won't create an
additional instance.  But most importantly, I need to make sure that
these objects get destroyed when the REQUEST is done - so I don't leave
a bunch of objects hanging around forever.

Is this possible?  I've seen somewhere that Temporary Folder can do
this, but it looks as if that holds onto objects until Zope is shutdown
- not what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any hints, advice, or pointers to where to look for more
info.

btw - is anyone else out there timing out trying to hit zope.org?  I
can't even get cached pages from google.

Jim