[Zope] Re: [Warning] Potential serious Session/TemporaryStorage problem

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 2 15:26:16 EDT 2004

Dennis Allison wrote at 2004-9-1 14:44 -0700:
>Dieter --
>
>   Which version of Filestorage/TemporaryStorage has this error?  Are you
>   going to do a patch?

As I have reported in the message you answered to, this
is only a display problem: I have not discovered a serious
problem -- the problem appears only in the "ConflictError" message.
The two serials have been interchanged.

>   I'm also tracking a problem with Temporary Stroage which might be
>   related.  I use session variables rather heavily and, occasionally,
>   a running session loses its variables.  The problem manifests
>   itself as a KeyError when referencing the session.   Other sessionss
>   in the same Zope appear unaffected.  And it is not a timeout problem.

Until today, I thought this were impossible.
However, today, a colleague reported that he has seen
occurrencies where individual session variables have disappeared
(while others did not). He is has analysed the access logs
and is sure that all session variable have been set.

Thus, almost surely, something is wrong with sessions or
temporary storage. We just do not yet know what.

--
Dieter