Time recording system (was: Re: [Zope] (no subject))

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 17 16:41:07 EDT 2004

Please use meaningfull subjects...

john blair wrote at 2004-9-16 09:00 -0700:
>I am developing a timesheet system.
>It will have 3 levels of access
>1)Administrator
>2)Approver -- Will approve or reject the timesheet
>filled by employees
>3)Employees -- Fill in the timesheet which will ontain
>info like start time & end for task & task
>description.
>There will be different projects with different
>employees & approvers
>Also I need to genrate reports like timesheet for an
>employee for this particular week or month.Or
>timesheet of a project etc..
>
>Is zope suitable for such kind of application?

Yes, a colleague implemented such a (high end) system
with Zope and PostgreSQL.

>I read the zope book & now I am more confused.

What did confuse you?

>What is the best way to develop such kinda application
>in zope?

You design your data model (relational databases are not bad for
these highly structured data), use Z SQL Methods to access the
database (read/modify) and use PageTemplates for presentation.

--
Dieter