[Zope] Handling credit cards

Jerome R. Westrick jerry at westrick.com
Tue Sep 21 13:18:52 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 18:12, John Poltorak wrote:

> If anyone has any sample code for handling credit card payments under Zope
> I'd be interested in having a look.

Hello John...

I got an application working (in production).

How much do you know about handling CC via internet?
Most of the work is done by the service providers.

Bascially, it consists of a webform.
It has specific fields you need to fill
Ie.  TotalAmount, TaxAmount, OrderId, etc...

So you build up the URL, Add the field values,
And do a redirect to it...

At the providers SSL site, my client fills in his
CC info, and if all goes good, the providers calls
my Zope application back certain fields
CCTranId, OrderId, etc...

If the CC fails, the provider call back another
portion of my zope with the appropiate fields
FalureReason, OrderId, etc...

It's really rather simple stuff, and fully explained
in the PDF Manuals, provided when I opened my merchant
account.

You do know that you need a special CC account to handle
internet CC?  A normal CC account are not allowed to do
this!  Most banks have a provider they are set up with
and get reduced rates (costs per transcation, etc)

hope this helped...

Jerry