[Zope] Conflict Errors

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Sep 24 18:36:22 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 17:09, Sean Hastings wrote:
> Thanks - I will check out the patch.
>
> I understand that MVCC will eliminate Read Conflicts and is scheduled for
> Zope 2.8 which will be in alpha any day now.
>
> Is there a patch available right now to use MVCC in 2.7.X?

Yes and no.

Yes: I believe Dieter Maurer has implemented a flavor of MVCC for the
ZODB that ships with Zope 2.7 (although I'm not quite sure where to find
it).

No: the MVCC implementation that will ship with Zope 2.8 cannot be used
with Zope 2.7 because it depends on bits that depend on being able to
pickle new-style Python classes, which the ZODB that ships with Zope 2.7
cannot do.

- C