[Zope] Re: Plone/Zope on Debian Sarge

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 12:50:43 EST 2005

On 01.Apr 2005 - 10:14:36, Shane Graber wrote:
> google search for your error message yielded:
>
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2005-January/155790.html
>
> If you did an 'apt-get install plone' it's still trying to pull in
> Zope 2.6.

That's not correct, current Plone will favor zope27 over zope package,
you can see that in the dependecies. However, the Plone Product(s)
will still be installed in a path where the old Zope2.6 will find it
and thus are not automatically seen by Zope2.7. Anyway, how this can
be changed and how to setup the 2.7 zope is explained via
debconf-pages during the installation of zope27 and plone and even
when you disable debconf, you can still do RTFM in
/usr/share/doc/(zope|plone). I tried it lately and it took about 5
Minutes to get both zope27 and plone up and running (including
installtion via apt-get).

Andreas

--
You will be traveling and coming into a fortune.