[Zope] Re: Plone/Zope on Debian Sarge

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 13:34:14 EDT 2005

On 05.Apr 2005 - 12:01:14, Derrick Hudson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 02:02:43PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> | The moral of this whole story seems to shine through:
> |
> | Don't install Zope from OS packages like debian, they never get it right
> | and you will just end up getting confused ;-)
>
> The current situation is filled with bit-rot,

?? bit-rot?

> but before that began the packages were just fine.  It would seem,
> too, that the bit-rot will recede in the near future.  In the
> meantime, I would recommend using the upstream source for
> installation.

As I said, if you install zope27 you get a message what to do next to
get the instance up and running. The same with plone. The only
drawback at the moment is, that you need to change the zope.conf to
get some packages to work with zope27. This will probably change when
Debian finally drops zope26 (I don't understand why they keep it
anyway...)

Andreas

--
Tuesday After Lunch is the cosmic time of the week.