[Zope] Security on email.Message.Message

Tim Hicks tim at sitefusion.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 12:18:52 EDT 2005

Andreas Jung said:

>>     Module RestrictedPython.Guards, line 96, in handler
>>   TypeError: object does not support item or slice assignment
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Digging further...

I made the TypeError a little more revealing on line 96 of
RestrictedPython/Guards.py so it now shows the 'secattr' (method) being
accessed, and its args::

        def handler(self, *args):
            try:
                f = getattr(self.ob, secattr)
            except AttributeError:
                raise TypeError, '%s | %s | %s' % (error_msg, secattr,
str(args))

The value of 'secattr' is apparently '__guarded_setitem__' in my case.
So, it seems that the email.Message.Message class does not have a
__guarded_setitem__ on it.  This is unsurprising.  I assume that it is
supposed to get added during zope initialisation somewhere, right?  Can
anybody point out where?

Tim