[Zope] Charset

Peter Eis eis at hagen-partner.de
Thu Apr 28 10:16:00 EDT 2005

Daniel Dekany wrote:

>Thursday, April 28, 2005, 3:11:01 PM, Peter Eis wrote:
>

>>Jean at adimp.ch wrote:
>>

>>>Hello the list,
>>>  In Zope.conf ( ZOPE 2.7.5-final ) I changed "rest-input-encoding" and
>>>"rest-output-encoding" to send "UTF-8" and then restarted the server. But in my
>>>webbrowser, the files are always received in "windows-1252".
>>>

>>Do you access zope directly or are you running behind a web server like
>>apache?
>>In the latter you'll have to change the default encoding in the apache
>>config, too.
>>

>Out of curiosity: How is that? I would think that Zope creates the whole
>HTTP response (so including the Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8
>header). OK, mod proxy and such may change some headers in it, but the
>Content-Type's charset? The charset is about the HTTP response body,
>which is surely created inside Zope.

Right, the page itself will be delivered in uft-8.
When we connected directly to zope the encoding was set to utf-8.

It's just that if you're using Apache in front of zope the browser
switches to the encoding which Apache is set to.
After we changed the default character set from ISO-8859-1 to utf-8 the
browser automatically changed it's character encoding to utf-8.

Peter

--
Dr. Hagen&Partner GmbH