[Zope] Zope workflow for change management

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Tue Dec 13 16:34:50 EST 2005

Could be... Plone is a product built on top of Zope, and includes a
component called CMF (content management framework)  CMF is available as
a Zope extension without Plone, as well.  CMF is the workflow piece of
the puzzle.  The piece you seek.

I'd research CMF to see if you need the overhead of Plone or not.  There
are Plone and CMF mailing lists which could give you a more detailed
resource.

-Jon Cyr

Brant Winter wrote:

> Hi all - this is my first post to this list, and I am not quite sure
> if I am in the right spot ! I am looking at building up a change
> management / release management tool that woudl be hosted online in
> some form, that has its workflow built around solid ITIL foundations.
>
> I have seen Plone in th epast, and have installed it and played
> around, but I am wondering if Zope / Plone is the tool for this job ?
> I am basically drawn to Zope because of its ability to create
> workflows, but I am not sure if this is exatly the right tool.
>
> Basically I want to be able to create a basic change management
> workflow, but have different models depending on what type of change
> is occuring, ie software release as opposed to putting a new server in
> a live production rack. Each of these 'changes' would require a
> different workflow model.
>
> Is Zope / Plone for me ?

Jonathan Cyr
http://www.cyr.info