[Zope] Re: PAM

David Ayres david.ayres3 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 19:13:55 EST 2005

Chris,

> Zope 3 has it's own PAS implementation. There is also a PAS product for
> Zope 2.

Thanks for the information. I'll check out the
PluggableAuthenticationServices in 2.7.x . The hurdle I forsee is that RSA
uses PAM for authentication unless I want to write something custom and
proprietary; Either way, I'll post the end result.

> You should probably ask about that on the mailing lists. 2.6.x is
> somewhat fossilized now and ther are many features in the 2.7 series
> that make it well worthwhile upgrading...

I'm going to try to fix the upgrade hiccups I was having and explore the
newer version. It's probably good anyway because I've been having problems
with 2.6.4 going into a non-responsive state and having to restart the
process.

Thanks,
Dave

> In as far as the PluggableAuthenticationService, that is new in Zope
> 3, correct?

Zope 3 has it's own PAS implementation. There is also a PAS product for
Zope 2.

> I'm still running 2.6.4 because of a lot of problems I
> had attempting to upgrade. So, I'm also currently working on that
> issue as well.

You should probably ask about that on the mailing lists. 2.6.x is
somewhat fossilized now and ther are many features in the 2.7 series
that make it well worthwhile upgrading...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org