[Zope] optimising Zope startup time (was: when can a product be refreshed?)

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Feb 3 13:20:08 EST 2005

also sprach Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> [2005.02.03.1736 +0100]:
> I don't even know what the big deal is about refresh anyway.
> I just run the 'zopect' shell in a terminal, using its 'fg'
> command, and hit '<Ctrl-C><Up><Enter>' to do a restart;  it takes
> maybe 5 seconds to restart, and I *never* have to worry about
> chasing down weird reload-semantics-in-python-are-borked
> artifacts.

That works, of course. However, here the Zope start sequence is
between 10 and 30 seconds, without any errors or the like. Can
I make this faster?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"i love deadlines. i like the whooshing
 sound they make as they fly by."
                                                      -- douglas adams