[Zope] AttributeError when attempting to view a a user in acl_users

Dane Jensen jensen at portland.econw.com
Thu Jan 6 14:50:40 EST 2005

I am trying to move a site from Zope 2.6.1 on Linux to Zope 2.7.3 on
Mac OS X Server and have run into a very bizarre problem.

Whenever I attempt to view a user in any acl_user folder on the XServe
I get an AttributeError with 'name' being the attribute causing the
error. Additionally, it does not appear that the acl_users from the
site I moved is being used by Zope at all. Users that could log in on
the old server are unable to do so on the new one.

Here is the entry in error_log:

Time  	2005/01/06 11:31:53.891 US/Pacific
User Name (User Id) 	Dane Jensen (Dane Jensen)
Request URL 	http://portland.econw.com:8080/acl_users/manage_users
Exception Type 	AttributeError
Exception Value 	name

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
     * Module AccessControl.User, line 939, in manage_users
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
     * Module App.special_dtml, line 175, in _exec
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 198, in eval
       __traceback_info__: user
     * Module <string>, line 0, in ?

AttributeError: name

The XServe is  running Zope 2.7.3-0 under Python 2.3.4 on the latest
version of OS X Server 10.3.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Dane Jensen