[Zope] Apache configuration

Larry Silverman larrysilverman at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 13:17:02 EST 2005

My apache config required the use of the SiteRoot component.  I have an
apache web server w/SSL that I use for several things, and the zope/plone
site is available under https://hostname/plone

Using the Zope manage app, under my 'plone' site, I added a SiteRoot
component, and set its path to /plone.

In httpd.conf in the 443 virtual host area, I have:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/plone(.*)
http://localhost:8080/plone/VirtualHostBase/https/hostname:443/plone/Virtual
HostRoot/$1 [P]

If you don't need SSL, this would be:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/plone(.*)
http://localhost:8080/plone/VirtualHostBase/http/hostname:80/plone/VirtualHo
stRoot/$1 [P]
(note the two changes, https->http and 443->80)

Before I added the use of the SiteRoot, I could get the page, but all the
links inside the page were pointing to https://hostname and not
https://hostname/plone, and all images, stylesheets, etc were broken.  The
SiteRoot component rewrites all the links in the page, so that stylesheets,
images, etc. all show properly.

FYI, in case it helps, I use apache 2.0, Zope 2.7.3 and Plone 2.0.5.

Good luck,
Larry