[Zope] Python 2.3.3 vs. Python 2.3.4

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Jan 17 12:49:41 EST 2005

>>> Build python
> This is maybe what I should do.  Can and one provide definitive
> insight into how to do this alongside the existing FC1 python. The
> two python versions must be completely separate, or the system is
> toast.

If you take a look at the Python sources from python.org or simply run
./configure --help it will tell you all those details. There is no
rocket science involved.

By default, if no separate --prefix option is specified, everything
will go under /usr/local, so there is no clash whatsoever.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			+49-(0)441-36 18 14 38
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/