[Zope] Zcatalog searches

Brian Ling brian.ling at bbc.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 05:43:56 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've setup a site search using ZCatalog and ZCTextIndexs that's happily
doing what I want, but I'd like to take a stage further. Is there a way
using the ZCatalog Brain objects returned by the ZCatalog search to get
the text that actually caused the match? I'm trying to end up with a
preview of the area of the content that caused the match, or is a
different approach needed?

The only way I can think of doing this at the moment is to get the
actual content object via the ZCatalog brain object and then re-run a
regex search on the content, pulling out the text around any match. This
just seems the wrong way forward is there a better way?

Thanks for any pointers, I'm still very much in the newbie class at
present.

Brian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.