[Zope] TALInterpreter Performance

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Thu Jan 20 04:58:34 EST 2005

You can also have a look a SpeedPack to speed up TAL.
See : http://psyco.sourceforge.net/ to download and install psyco

And then see :
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55262&package_id=10732
6
To only use TAL optimization, you change :
PATCH_CMF = True
To :
PATCH_CMF = False
in config.py

This works fine on Zope 2.7.3

Pascal

-----Message d'origine-----
De : zope-bounces+pperegrina=lastminute.com at zope.org
[mailto:zope-bounces+pperegrina=lastminute.com at zope.org]De la part de
Chris Withers
Envoyé : jeudi 20 janvier 2005 10:44
À : Robert Hill
Cc : zope at zope.org
Objet : Re: [Zope] TALInterpreter Performance

Robert Hill wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>   I just installed Zope Profiler to check out the performance of my pages
and I noticed that I have a few bottlenecks on TALInterpreter calls that I'd
like to clean up.  The issue is that the per call time seems a bit high on
some of these.  Granted, I've got a lot more TAL statements in my page
templates than I would like (eventually I will pull these out into scripts),
but are these numbers unusually high?

> ncalls  tottime  percall  cumtime  percall filename:lineno(function)
>  11618/29    0.265    0.000   91.736    3.163
TALInterpreter.py:390(do_optTag)
>  12242/29    0.282    0.000   91.736    3.163
TALInterpreter.py:382(no_tag)
>        26    0.000    0.000   88.941    3.421
ZopePageTemplate.py:192(_exec)
>     34/25    0.000    0.000   64.615    2.585
TALInterpreter.py:632(do_defineMacro)

It all depends how complex you page templates are.

You need to find the slow/complicated bits and make them faster, if
you're experiencing slow page load.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk