[Zope] Zope Foundation Update

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at cutter.rexx.com
Wed Jul 20 11:31:13 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 07:07:25PM -0400, Rob Page wrote:

[snip]

> During my stay at EuroPython I learned that eighteen
> months ago (and without Zope Corporation's knowledge or
> consent) Zope Europe Association (ZEA) registered a
> trademark consisting of the Cirlce-Z (the stylized Z
> surrounded by a circle) followed by the word ZOPE
> (hereinafter "Circle-Z-Zope").  The mark they
> registered is identical to the corporate logo used by
> Zope Corporation.

At the Zope Europe Association Web site
(http://www.zope-europe.org/), the logo is 3 cubes with a
3-dimensional look.  Has Zope Europe Association registered the
Circle-Z-Zope trademark but is not using it?  Or is there another
Zope Europe Association?  Or, have they registered it for future
use?  Or, if you can register a trademark in different countries,
have they registered it so as to protect it from miss-use by
someone else?

Dave

[snip]

--