[Zope] Re: Zope Foundation Update

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jul 20 15:59:05 EDT 2005

Dave Kuhlman wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 07:07:25PM -0400, Rob Page wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>During my stay at EuroPython I learned that eighteen
>>months ago (and without Zope Corporation's knowledge or
>>consent) Zope Europe Association (ZEA) registered a
>>trademark consisting of the Cirlce-Z (the stylized Z
>>surrounded by a circle) followed by the word ZOPE
>>(hereinafter "Circle-Z-Zope").  The mark they
>>registered is identical to the corporate logo used by
>>Zope Corporation.
>>

> At the Zope Europe Association Web site
> (http://www.zope-europe.org/), the logo is 3 cubes with a
> 3-dimensional look.  Has Zope Europe Association registered the
> Circle-Z-Zope trademark but is not using it?

Apparently. Go to:

   http://www.wipo.int/ipdl/en/search/madrid/search-struct.jsp

and enter "Zope" in the "Holder Name" field and click "Search".

You will see 5 results.  The first is for the Zope Corporation
registration of the name "Zope", registered in May 2004.

The next four results are for ZEA's registrations of the Zope
and Plone marks, with logos (2 each, for different sets of
countries) registered in July and September of 2004.

 > Or is there another
> Zope Europe Association?

Nope, the addresses match.

Jim