[Zope] custom_persist_obj

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Jun 20 09:42:02 EDT 2005

Well, sure. But you need to write some unrestricted (i.e.
filesystem-based) code if you want to create instanced of
PersistentMapping and the like.

by the way, if it's ever going to get large, you might look
into using OOBTree instead of PersistentMapping.
See:
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/node6.html#SECTION000630000000000000000

-PW

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 03:24:12PM +0200, Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> You have a built-in Zope object for this : PersistentMapping.
>
> dict1=PersistentMapping({'a':1,'b':1,'c':1, ...})
> dict1=PersistentMapping({'a':2,'d':4,'e':6})
>
> The only thing you can not do compared to dictionaries is :
> for key in dict1:
>  do something
> (you need to use for key in dict1.keys():...)
>
> Pascal

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com