[Zope] firewall and passive ftp

Sascha Ottolski sascha.ottolski at gallileus.de
Mon Mar 7 05:31:42 EST 2005

Am Samstag, 5. März 2005 04:43 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Sascha.  What are you doing to get webdav to work over ssh.   I have
> apache proxy in front of zope to give ssl but am interested in webdav
> over ssh as well.  I have recently found a SFTP server product for zope
> called SFTPGateway but have been successful in getting it operating yet.

you need to connect to your backends directly, I think. at least thats what we
do. define a tunnel to your backend server, like

$ cat .ssh/config
Host host.name.com
LocalForward 18021 localhost:8021
LocalForward 18080 localhost:8080
LocalForward 18088 localhost:8088

then ssh to host.name.com, and point your webdav-client to localhost:18088;
you can easily test the above setup if you point your browser to
http://localhost:18080/

BTW, if your apache is "only" doing the ssl-proxy job, you might want to look
into something leaner like pound (http://apsis.ch/pound) which in my opinion
is much easier to maintain, and gives you a load-balancer as a bonus.

Good luck,

Sascha