[Zope] Re: POSKeyError on the Python Recompile URL

Allen Schmidt aschmidt at fredericksburg.com
Fri Mar 11 10:58:55 EST 2005

>>RH7.2
>>Zope 2.7.2
>>ZEO
>>Squid in front
>>>~  What version of Zope?  You may need to run 'fstest.py' and / or
>>>~  'fsrefs.py' on your Data.fs, and see if they complain.
>>I am assuming these are just reading tools and non-destructive? Can they be
>>run against a running zeo/zope?
>
> Short course:   yes; yes; if you must but it's not recommended (won't
> hurt but you may get spurious error messages then).  Medium course
> here:
>
>     http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup
>
> You should read that.   POSKeyError "shouldn't happen", so there's no
> guarantee it will be easy to fix.  Unfortunately, in Zope 2.7.2 there
> were cooperating bugs (in ZODB and Zope) that could create POSKeyError
> situations through no fault of yours; those were repaired in Zope
> 2.7.3 / ZODB 3.2.4.
>
> Your original message didn't contain anything from any log, or
> copy'n'paste from any browser window, that said "POSKeyError".  I
> don't think it's possible to get a POSKeyError without the message
> also including vital information like the object id of the missing
> object -- but we didn't see the message you saw, so can't tell.

My bad... The POSKeyError showed up on the browser window as a result of running the
 "/manage_addProduct/PythonScripts/recompile"  script.

Zope Error

Error Type: POSKeyError
Error Value: 00000000008db667

>From error_log:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.PythonScripts, line 53, in recompile
  Module OFS.FindSupport, line 151, in ZopeFind
  Module OFS.FindSupport, line 151, in ZopeFind
  Module OFS.FindSupport, line 151, in ZopeFind
  Module OFS.FindSupport, line 138, in ZopeFind
  Module ZODB.Connection, line 559, in setstate
  Module ZEO.ClientStorage, line 749, in load
  Module ZEO.ServerStub, line 82, in zeoLoad
  Module ZEO.zrpc.connection, line 372, in call
POSKeyError: 00000000008db667