[Zope] Storing blobs in a RDB

Marco Bizzarri m.bizzarri at icube.it
Tue Mar 15 12:13:14 EST 2005

Hi all.

We have a zope/zeo/postgres configuration. We need to store blob on the
RDB, which is on a different machine from zope.

When the RDB and zope were on the same machine, this was achieved via
creating a temporary file, and then submitting the file to postgres, via
the lo_import/lo_export interface.

Now this can't be done anymore.

Is there any viable solution?

What I thought to do was to put a zeo on the same machine as  postgres,
create a file or some object like that on the zeo storage, and then
instruct postgres to get the file from there. But is this feasible? I've
tried with DirectoryStorage, but it is storing other infos with the file
(of course).

Any suggestion?

Regards
Marco