[Zope] Parent process gone but children remain

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Mar 16 15:35:11 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:43:48PM -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:
> > We use Webmin and can type in the path to the files that launched the processes and then kill off the detached children. Then start the zeo client again and all is fine.
> >
> the time, although I have seen cases where the supervisord parent dies
> and the children live on, so there's still a bug lurking there somewher.

I use daemontools rather than supervisor, but I've seen the same
thing - sometimes not everything dies and zope can't restart
because the ports are still bound.

for the original poster: I have to wonder why you need to restart
zope every hour.  Really bad memory leak??

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com