[Zope] Change properties -> auto-update

Gre7g Luterman gre7g at kyoht.com
Fri Mar 18 14:23:33 EST 2005

I've created a product with a zClass that has a couple of property
sheets.  Users can place this product in their web hierarchy and edit
properties with the Properties tab.  This all works just fine.

The problem is that modifying one of the properties needs to have a
side effect.  I would like to update a database if this property is
changed.  Is there an easy way to hook into this process so I can set
up a side-effect script?

The default propertysheets/Basic/manage page posts the results to
propertysheet/Basic, but I'm fuzzy on how (or if) you can change the
processing of this script.

I suppose I could replace the page that displays the properties and
have it submit the changes to a custom script, but I'm not exactly
crazy about that idea.  The downside of that route is that hardcoding
the template page with one of my own will lose me the flexibility I
have now.  If I add a new property, I'll have to remember to add it
to the template.  Or does anyone know where I can find the current
template that dynamically shows the property form, so I can make a
modified version for this product?

Gre7g