[Zope] Dynamic Zope Style Sheets with HTML 4.01 Strict

Andy Yates andy at nnu.com
Thu Mar 31 12:38:59 EST 2005

Good day everyone!

I added a doc type string to one of my Zope pages because it needed to
pass an HTML 4.01 Strict validator.  When I did this FireFox seems to
ignore the style sheet.  My style sheet is dynamic so I used a page
template and tal.  If the Content Type on the style sheet is set to
text/html FireFox will not load the style sheet.  If I set the Content
Type to text/css I get an error when I save the page.

Compilation failed
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 3, column 0

If I make my style sheet with a file and content type of text/cc instead
of a page template FireFox loads the style sheet but the tal statements
do not get rendered.

So, how do I make a dynamic style sheet that has the correct (text/css)
content type?

Am I going to have to write a python script to call the style sheet page
template and change the content type or is there a better way to handle
this?

Thanks!
Andy