[Zope] monitor / icp server

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri May 13 13:42:47 EDT 2005

Sylvain Thénault wrote at 2005-5-13 16:43 +0200:
>> Sylvain Thénault wrote at 2005-5-11 18:03 +0200:
>> >warning: unhandled connect event
>>
>> This is a medusa/asyncore message
>> indicating a bug: no application specific "connect" method
>> was defined for the asynchronous connect event.
>
>so do we agree this is a Zope 2.7.6 bug ? Should I fill an entry to the
>collector ?

Cannot hurt (but I doubt it will help).

>even if I can't think about what I made wrong (I've zope running on
>localhost and an access file with clear text password...).

I assume this feature is only very rarely used nowadays (although
there are still a few use cases).

Since ages, I am using "zopectl debug" to analyse Zope problems;
and some IDEs (e.g. the commercial WingIDE) allow to debug
a life Zope instance (which uses techniques
similar to the monitor but is *much* more comfortable).

--
Dieter