[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 with Ape 1.0 installed in root, fails to restart, without any usefull logging, after adding a local role

Tim Connor tim at infosauce.com
Wed May 25 03:19:14 EDT 2005

Thanks, I feel like an idiot - running it as a daemon would explain why
I wasn't getting as much feedback.  I still don't quite get why it
wasn't writing to the log though, since it is normally doing that fine.
I've had that frustration with Zope before though - some errors seem to
kill it in such a way it never touches the log file, even when set to all.

Shane responded, so I'll see if it is an obvious Ape problem with roles
on root, and then either follow-up here with a solution/more info, in
case it helps someone else, or hoping for more help, if not. Well I'll
throw the trace in here, in case anyone has any bright ideas, but not
expect anybody to put to much thought in until we see what he has to say. ;)

------
2005-05-25T01:25:06 INFO(0) ZServer HTTP server started at Wed May 25
01:25:06 2005
        Hostname: gibson
        Port: 9280
------
2005-05-25T01:25:06 INFO(0) ZServer FTP server started at Wed May 25
01:25:06 2005
        Hostname: gibson
        Port: 9221
------
2005-05-25T01:25:06 INFO(0) Zope Set effective user to "zope-is"
------
2005-05-25T01:25:08 DEBUG(-200) ApeStorage create storage ApeStorage:
/var/lib/zope/zope-is/spicerack/var/root/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 50, in ?
    run()
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 19, in run
    start_zope(opts.configroot)
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
51, in start_zope
    starter.startZope()
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
230, in startZope
    Zope.startup()
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py", line 47, in
startup
    _startup()
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/Zope/App/startup.py", line 96, in
startup
    OFS.Application.initialize(application)
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 278, in
initialize
    initializer.initialize()
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 301, in
initialize
    self.install_required_roles()
  File "/usr/lib/zope-2.7.2/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 457, in
install_required_roles
    app.__ac_roles__=app.__ac_roles__ + ('Owner',)
TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "tuple") to list

Thanks,
Tim

Tim