[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 with Ape 1.0 installed in root, fails to restart, without any usefull logging, after adding a local role

Tim Connor tim at infosauce.com
Wed May 25 03:51:12 EDT 2005

Thanks Dennis,

Between your and Shane's reply, I got it fixed:

I just raised an error with the value of app.__ac_roles__, at that point
in lib/python/OFS/Application.py and determined that ONLY the role I had
added was being created.  So going in and manually adding those starting
default roles to the .properties file fixed it (running it from the
console 2 days ago sure would have saved me some sleep :/).

I have no idea if that is a problem with how I moved an existing project
into a root install of Ape, or if it is a more generic one, but on my
set-up Ape definitely only puts things in that [security] section of the
.properties files when you make a change.  (For example, just hitting
save on the Security tab adds all those per role settings, but not the
roles themselves).  On everything aside from root that works better, but
obviously if you ever get to the point I was at where there is only one
role defined on start-up, it kill Zope, badly.

Technically that might be a Zope error also - if there is only one role,
it hits a type mismatch.  But people shouldn't ever be getting there
anyways, I suppose.

Tim