[Zope] Zope Scalability

Matthew X. Economou xenophon at irtnog.org
Wed Oct 5 15:35:54 EDT 2005

Jens wrote:

> There is no answer to this question because it cannot be answered.
> No one has come against a "limit" yet as far as I know. Hitting RAM
> limits depends on the settings you apply to the Zope/ZEO instance(s)
> that serve(s) the content and how much RAM you put in, you can
> control ZODB memory cache size via zope.conf. No one sets up Zope so
> that the whole ZODB is loaded into memory, if that's what you mean.

I got the impression that he was asking about the maximum object size.
I don't know if there is a limit in Zope itself, but I've run into
problems with PloneExFile when uploading files larger than about 25 MB.
Who knows - it might be a bug in PloneExFile, AttachmentField, or
Archetypes.  I lack the expertise required to troubleshoot the error, so
take this with the proverbial grain of salt.

BTW: I'm using LDAPUserFolder in a 10,000-user Active Directory
environment.  It works great.

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
jsoffron: I'm generally pretty high on national defense...
Mr. Bad Example: Careful...it's a gateway policy. Before you know it,