[Zope] Zope Scalability

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Oct 5 15:38:44 EDT 2005

On 5 Oct 2005, at 20:35, Matthew X. Economou wrote:
>> There is no answer to this question because it cannot be answered.
>> No one has come against a "limit" yet as far as I know. Hitting RAM
>> limits depends on the settings you apply to the Zope/ZEO instance(s)
>> that serve(s) the content and how much RAM you put in, you can
>> control ZODB memory cache size via zope.conf. No one sets up Zope so
>> that the whole ZODB is loaded into memory, if that's what you mean.
>>

> I got the impression that he was asking about the maximum object size.

Well, the question was actually "What is the maximum size of this
file and/or maximum object ID? => just how many objects can the zodb
hold?". There is only a theoretical limit that has to do with the
largest index key for the ZODB index I believe, and that is some
ludicrously high number that no one has ever reached.

jens