[Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

Sascha Ottolski sascha.ottolski at gallileus.de
Thu Oct 27 08:30:11 EDT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005 14:17 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:
> > well, "might have" is one thing, really experiencing problems is quite
> > different...
>
> Look, it's all about how much risk you are willing to carry. I don't
> like playing Russian Roulette with services that are supposed to be
> highly available. And I don't want to have to waste a single thought
> on problems that *might* develop if RedHat or their packagers decide
> to do something to their Python or to Python add-ons I use. I also
> prefer to do upgrades to these components on my own schedule, not
> when someone else who has no idea about my various usage scenarios
> thinks so.

hey, no offence, I absolutely see your point. it's just that I'm really
curious about what practical problems people have seen, as we seem not to
have any...and in my point of view, it's less to think about when I simply
stick to the packages that come with the OS :-)

cheers, Sascha

--
Gallileus - the power of knowledge

Gallileus GmbH                   http://www.gallileus.info/

Pintschstraße 16                  fon +49-(0)30-41 93 43 43
10249 Berlin                      fax +49-(0)30-41 93 43 45
Germany