[Zope] Defining and creating a temporary storage for each user

Peter Bengtsson peterbe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 18:31:42 EDT 2005

I suggest you use the one temporary storage (temp_folder) and in it
create one Folder per user. I've done this myself for a similar scope.
Or am I missing something? What's the difference of multiple temp
folders over multiple folders inside one temp folder??

With early zope 2.7. releases I also found temp_folder to be rather
unreliable. I got weird zodb errors that no one on the mailing list
could explain or help me solve. (and by that I don't mean anything
negative about the mailing list people but, that it was difficult to
phrase the bug report since it was quite sporadic)

On 9/1/05, Marco Bizzarri <marco.bizzarri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
>  My work environment is Zope 2.7.x
>
>  I would like to create a different temporary storage for each user. Of
> course, I can't simply write them in the zope.conf.
>
>  Users should have their own storage, so that they can create/modify objects
> inside that, without influencing the general, shared database.
>
>  Is this configuration possible? I've seen I could manipulate entries in the
> dbtab object, but I'm not sure this is safe after the first startup.
>
>  Regards
>  Marco

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com