[Zope] Using Structured Text and HTML-quote together for RSS 2.0

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Wed Sep 7 19:46:34 EDT 2005

Hello,

I can't seem to find this anywhere.

I am constructing an RSS 2.0 feed for a zope app.  I am creating the
rss.xml file in a DTML method.  One of the information elements I wish
to include in the feed is a structured-text paragraph.  To use any XHTML
in a feed you must "html_quote" all of the extended characters for it to
work.

So I wish to do something like <dtml-var summary fmt="structured-text"
html_quote>

This obviously doesn't work, (would have been cool if it did tho).  How
do I access the structured text and html quote translation mechanisms in
an expr tag.

Something like <dtml-var expr="summary.structured_text().html_quote()">

Thanks in advance, still googling for it.

-Jon

ps- I don't use ZPT, DTML was chose a while back, and would rather keep
the RSS in a DTML Method rather than a python script.  The layers are
getting pretty hairy, don't want to add indention to it

--
Jonathan Cyr
cyrj at cyr.info